Extension of the role of animal production specialists and veterinarians in maintaining livestock deterioration in the rural province of Assiut

The Journal of Environmental studies (JES) 
Vol. (13), 17 pages
doi:.
Author:Mustafa ' Sayed
Download PDF

Abstract

This research was aimed to identify some of the personal characteristics of the respondents (Alo - khasaúao Animal Production - Vets), identify the most important diseases of livestock, according to gravity, identify the most important constraints that correspond to the subjects and proposals solved their point of view. This research was conducted in the province of Assiut on each of the specialists of animal production and veterinarians (25%) of the total respondents at the county level, was withdrawn sample randomly where the number of specialists of Animal Production (62) respondents, and the number of veterinarians (116) respondents, data was collected during the months of October and November 2013, data were analyzed using frequencies and percentages to achieve the objectives of the study. The research found a number of results, including: That nearly two-thirds of the respondents of specialists animal production over have a diploma of secondary schools, agricultural (62.9 %) and the rest (37.1 %) over have bachelor of agricultural science, and that more than two-thirds of the respondents of the specialists of animal production (40.3 %) had received less than three training courses, and more than two-thirds of the respondents have spent their career in the 20 years and over. That the most important diseases of livestock from the viewpoint of veterinarians disease brucellosis (Brucella) more dangerous rate (43.1 %) and the risk rate (21.6 %) while he was a danger to some extent by (22.4%), and found that the foot and mouth disease more dangerous by (19%) and increased risk (10.3 %) and that the risk to some extent by (9.5 %). The research showed the most significant obstacles facing the respondents in extension work from the viewpoint of specialists animal production: the lack of contact centers, agricultural research by (91.9 %), and the difficulty of the transition between the workplace different rate (90.3 %), and in terms of the viewpoint of vets most important obstacles are: the lack of trust between the jam and the veterinarian rate (82.8 %), and the lack of veterinary clinics in the study area (81%). The results of the research that the most important proposals from the viewpoint of specialists animal production: the need to provide feed at reasonable prices and be accessible to everyone by (98.4 %), and then came the proposal need to hold sessions guidance and seminars specialized training of teachers by (96.8 %), and the most important proposals from the standpoint of Vets: attention to artificial insemination to increase the production of milk and meat by (71.6%), the need for the existence of programs and extension courses for large farms and specialized to make them aware of the process of the election by legends such as video rate (70.7 %). It is recommended that research need to work on the study of the obstacles and try to find possible solutions through the concerned authorities for the development of livestock, as the study recommends also the need for immunizations preventative on a regular basis to protect animals from disease, and the need for coordination between the device agricultural extension and a veterinary extension in order to intensify efforts and integration and directed to protect livestock from degradation.

Keywords

Counseling, animal production, veterinarians, livestock, Assiut province

Statistics

Views:
Downloads: